Sunday, May 5, 2013

Holiday Catch-Up

Well, if you follow me on INSTA or FACEBOOK you know I have a little Train Conductor on my hands......
It started when Ryder turned TWO in July 2012, I'm sure I didn't even post a blog about that special day BECAUSE I SUCK! ANYWAY, no sense in beating myself up..... I DO WORK #onlyexcuse #makesmefeelbetter #worstblogger #shouldntevencallmyselfablogger

My dad bought Ryder a Thomas the Train track and it has been RULING Ryder's life (and ours) for the past few months. We watch, talk about, listen to, play, eat, breathe and sleep T-R-A-I-N-S.

Here is a recap in pictures of the months following his BIG DAY of TURNING TWO.......

This was about a week after my dad gave Ryder the most EPIC Birthday gift EVER!

They go EVERYWHERE with us! (Summer 2012)

You know, this is how I get the grocery shopping done! Let him drag his TRAINS from the cart while I push through the aisles.

This was our Chattanooga ChooChoo VACA in Summer of 2012. No Beach, just some good ole TRAIN fun in the TRAIN sanctuary of the world.

I think he was talking to this shirt.....

AND this would be the reason Ryder is OBSESSED with my father, I mean he is AMAZING but when we talk about Grandpa, Ryder ususally follows it with this statement, "Let's go see Grandpa and ride on a REAL, REAL TRAIN!" This was a Day Out with Thomas in Nashville, Summer 2012. Pretty much the most excited we have ever seen him.

SOOOOO you get it! Now that I have caught you up on the months leading up to the Holiday's, we can talk about all the TRAIN FUN we had DURING the Holiday's!

Ryder and my dad in Bowling Green, KY at the train museum. Ryder was mesmerized by the train replica! I LOVE THIS PIC!
 
A day isn't complete without TIME-OUT! This is my rambunctious, little angel acting CRAZY
during the train tour.
 
Next stop was the Opry Mills Mall before seeing SHREK ON ICE! I took one-for-the-team and hopped in a train that literally went around the mall. Everyone waved at Ryder and laughed at me.....

WHO KNEW WE WOULD RIDE A MILLION TRAINS IN NASHVILLE!?!?!? Opryland Hotel had a cute area for kids with, you guessed it, A TRAIN!
 
Another pic I adore. Watching a model train at Opryland! Ryder was in HEAVEN! Surprised he doesn't want to move there!
 
This was Ryder at SHREK ON ICE! We have gone two years in a row. We were so excited about taking him this year since he was a little older BUT this trip was complete with a BUSTED, BLOODY nose after tripping on that HUGE COAT! It was AWFUL! It ended our $500 (TOTALLY KIDDING) trip through the frigid temps quickly. OH, the memories we made that day!
 
ZooLights! He hated everything there but KNEW there was the train in the FARM AREA SOOOO we rode this a couple times then had to leave due to overly-obsessively requesting to ride again and again! 

AGAIN, a day isn't complete without a lecture/time-out. Pretty sure Travis was trying to explain that there are OTHER things to do but ride the train, he didn't understand NOR care what daddy had to say! We left quickly after this.

Enchanted Forest! No picture with Santa this year BUT we got a few pics of the back of his head STARING at the trains!

This was one of my fav things we got this Christmas, a Christmas Tree Train that really worked and chugged around our tree. Thank you Cracker Barrell!
 
When we had ANYTHING to do, we would park a chair in front of the tree and this kid would just sit in amazement! AH, the little things!


Just had to throw in this sweet pic of two best friends at The Stirring's Christmas Service. These two make my heart smile.

 Headed to Christmas Service at Hope!

Had to go to the Peabody and check out the ducks. This was the best pic I got there. Me and my mom tried relentlessly to get a group photo in front of the beautiful Christmas trees but this WILD BOY wasn't having it. This day was on my list of Most Embarassing Moments with Ryder!
 
Christmas Eve night at Nana's. He loved his sweet trains from her!

 
Playing Trains with Papa and Uncle Alan!
 
CHRISTMAS MORNING! Riding his Thomas from Uncle Ricky!

This was the HUGE FINALE of our morning. We layed out all of Ryder's gifts from Santa and let him open all the smaller things. We knew if we brought this Bad Boy out first, he wouldn't have cared about anything but else. I went and changed his diaper while mom and Travis wheeled this out. He was in such shock when he saw this. It was PRICELESS!

Santa did good!
 

This was one of the BEST holiday's since Ryder really got into it this year. We just adore this silly, sweet and independent lil boy. Very special Christmas for us with TONS of TRAIN fun.......


No comments:

Post a Comment