Monday, October 8, 2012

TWO= Big Changes

Well, here we are AGAIN, BEHIND and playing catching up! I'm one busy working momma so my next few posts will be the last 4 months in a nutshell!

We broke two major habits and they went surprisingly VERY WELL. We converted Ryder's bed from a crib to a toddler bed in June. After catching my little monkey climbing the rails, which were a tad encouraged, we had to make the BIG change.

It was sad but he was a trooper. We didn't have many surprise visits in the middle of the night and he went down very well. The situation we are in NOW in October is completely different. We have a third little friend climbing in bed with us EARLY every morning. It's so sweet when he runs in with his blanket and softly whispers "momma" SOOOO I'm doing what I said I would never do- but I don't care. I LOVE IT (when I get good sleep)!

I love this pic, this was the 1st night in his new big boy bed. I curled towels under the sheet to create a hump so he wouldn't fall out and bump his head.

This next big change comes with a funny little story. I thought I just had this angel baby who was such a great boy at dealing with transitioning but I was proven VERY wrong. I still rock Ryder sometimes and especiallywhen we were going through the "bed change" so he would get sleepy and comfortable with the new bed. I got a wild hair and decided to NOT let him have the P-A-C-I. He did AMAZING, no fussing, no asking, went right to sleep and slept through the night. I was IN SHOCK! I HAVE THE BEST BABY IN THE WORLD! HA, well when I dropped him off at DayCare the next day I told them NO PACI. I had broke him of it and didn't want them to ever give it to him again! Here was their reply, "Mrs. Russell, Ryder hasn't had a paci in 2 months. You took it one weekend and never gave it back to us. He has been fine so we never asked for it back." Well, thanks DayCare, appreciate it!

Pic from what I THOUGHT was his first time sleeping with no paci. HAHA!

I had to add this pic because 1. it was an awesome family night out at the Levitt Shell to see Todd Snider which we ended up staying later than anticipated and 2. this was one of the last pics and nights with a PACI! He looks like a baby here.

No comments:

Post a Comment